Frozen themed cupcakes are here! This is a recipe for blue FROZEN cupcakes with delicious frosting! If you’re looking to add a bit of fun to your party, these FROZEN cupcakes are exactly what you need!
FROZEN Cupcake Recipe
1/2 C unsalted butter, room temp
2 egg whites
2 C flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 baking soda
3/4 C buttermilk
1 1/2 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Blue gel food coloring
1 C soft unsalted butter
4 + C powder sugar
4 TBSP heavy whipping cream
1 package Wilton Snowflake cake decor
1 container Wilton small Snowflakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together in a bowl.
- Beat butter on high for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar and vanilla extract to butter until well combined.
- Add egg whites, one at a time, mixing after each.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each.
- Add 1/3 C flour mixture to wet mixture followed by adding 1/3 C of buttermilk; add 1/3 C flour mixture again then add 1/3 C buttermilk mix on low speed, add 1/3 C of flour and add the rest of 1/3 C of buttermilk mix in low speed until thoroughly blended.
- Add blue gel food coloring. Continue to stir until color is thoroughly blended.
- Using an ice cream scoop fill cupcake tin 2/3rds to the top of lined cupcake holders.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack until fully cooled.
- Cream butter and powder sugar until it looks light and creamy.
- If it doesn’t cream add several drops of heavy whipping cream until it creams.
- Test to see if frosting can form and hold a stiff peak by taking a spoonful of frosting and turning spoon upside down. If frosting stays on the spoon it is ready if not then….
- Add more powder sugar 1/2 C at a time…. mix well.
- If ready, scoop frosting into a pastry bag with a large tip.
- Twist open end of the pastry bag to push frosting to the tip.
- Start by frosting on the outside edge of the cupcake working to the center of cupcake.
- Add snowflakes, big and small to cupcakes.