Yummy Heart Shaped Valentine’s Day Cake Recipe!
- 1 (18.25 oz) Package of White Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 Cups Water
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 package / (3 ounces total) Strawberry Flavored Gelatin – Jello
- 1 package fresh strawberries (or 2, or 3…how many strawberries do you want on your cake?)
- 1 (12 ounce) container of of Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) Container of Frozen Whipped Topping – Thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C)
- Lightly grease and flour a 9×9 inch square pan and a 9 inch round pan.
- Stir cake mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs together in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Mix in strawberry gelatin until well combined.
- Divide batter evenly between the 2 prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. (23 minutes was perfect in my oven).
- Let cool in the pans for 10 minutes.
- Remove cakes and cool completely on wire racks.
- Transfer the square cake onto a large platter, a very large platter. I didn’t have one big enough so I used a large baking sheet covered in tin foil.
- Cut round cake in half and arrange the cut sides on two edges of the square cake to create a heart shape (trim as needed – enjoy the trimmings!)
- Fold Cream Cheese frosting into the whipped topping in a bowl until well incorporated (don’t over do it!). You will be able to tell when you’ve folded enough – the color will be even.
- Spread frosting over the entire cake.
- Cut the strawberries and decorate the cake to your liking!
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or more (for the frosting to set).
Voila! You’ve got an AWESOME, YUMMY Strawberry Cake for Valentine’s Day!